Saturday, March 08, 2008

Blizzard!

Yesterday a bunch of guys headed to Firestorm (an ohio AG district men's conference) in Columbus. As we left to head down the snow storm started to hit. OH 250, OH-12 and I-71 were all pretty snow covered, but we still made it there in like 2 1/2 hours.

The service last night was Jeff Saturday, the center for the Indianapolis Colts. Even though he spoke for over an hour, it didn't totally feel like it, he told some pretty cool stories and had a cool testimony of how God has worked in his life. Following the service our group to Quaker Steak for some wings and then headed back to the hotel. It was still snowing, the roads were so so, but with my 4 wheel drive Explorer nothing to be concerned with...

This morning I was woke up by a pounding on my hotel room door. It was Pastor Tom and a few other guys saying that the weather had gotten ALOT worse in Columbus and in Sandusky so they wanted to head home, so I threw my stuff together and we jumped in the car... we barely got out of the parking lot and we had to push a guy who had gotten his car stuck.

Long story short, we ended driving all the way to Strongsville on 71 to catch the turnpike and take it to Sandusky. In total it took us 4 1/2 to 5 hours to get home. I feel sorry for my brother in law,
Ken DeChant, it took him almost 7 1/2 hours to get home...going the same way.

When we finally got to OH-250 we followed a plow up to Sandusky...I kid you not, there were times when I couldn't see the plow and we were only 10-15 yards behind him...it was crazy! Just glad to be home safe! It seems that most of Ohio was in a
level 3 emergency with the roads... I am kind of hoping we cancel church tomorrow, but we will have to wait and see.

One final note, I saw
Gary Fowler at Firestorm and he told me that if I didn't start blogging again then I was off his list. So Gary, here you go! I do apologize for the lack of post recently, since my last one we had fine arts and several big projects going on around the church. I am finally starting to catch my breathe...I will catch you up on the happenings of the past few weeks soon!

2 comments:

becominggreek said...

good thing you were not driving the "sweet gt"... I think you would have gotten stuck...

Tim said...

Oh yeah...anything that wasn't 4 wheel drive...really had to be careful! The "sweet gt" would have been a doomed!