Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Offenses

Had something interesting happen last week.  A group of college students is using our church to host a worship festival called "Broken."  The local band that is leading worship is not pentecostal, but simply because it was being hosted at our church a youth pastor in town was concerned if it would be too pentecostal and if some who weren't pentecostal would be offended.

I don't understand this, excuse me while I rant a little...why is it that people are only concerned if people who are not pentecostal get offended?  Why doesn't anyone ever think that pentecostals could get offended because it is to NON pentecostal?  

Please understand I am not incredibly pentecostal, I am a pretty conservative person, I grew up baptist, but have been pentecostal since high school so I can understand both sides.  But why is it that within the Church we are only concerned about offending the non-pentecostals?

Just a thought...


No comments: