Friday, November 02, 2007

"Get used to it!"

This afternoon I had to fuel our church van so one of our ministries could take it on a trip this weekend. When I pulled up to the stoplight at the end of our street I was behind this SUV that had several pro-Bush stickers an airborne sticker and one other armed services sticker. Below all of those there was a normal sized bumper sticker that said, "I PRAY - GET USED TO IT!" I couldn't help but laugh. No wonder there are so many people out there that look at Christians the way they do...so many Christians have this 'us v them' mentality that says someone is always out to attack us as Christians.

The tone and negative feeling I got as I sat there and read that bumper sticker really got to me. It is because of this type of attitude and persona that people get turned off to the Church and to Christ...anyway I will shut up now...it is just that things like that really get under my skin!

Oh...and on a side note...when we finally turned the corner and I passed the car I looked over the lady was puffing on a cigarette...again I couldn't help but laugh...talk about mixed signals!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tim, great blog. I hate that stuff too.

I am going to "get used to" reading your blog.