Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanks for the Prayers!

In my post called 'shackeled' a couple of weeks ago I spoke about a young man that was in my youth ministry that was facing some serious legal troubles.

His mom called me last night saying that she had gotten a lawyer (one that actually was fighting for her son) and that there was a hearing today at 9AM. Since I had not talked with her for over a week she brought me up to speed. The original prosecuter has went out of town on vacation and handed this case to another prosecutor. In talking with this prosecutor, who seemed a little bit more reasonable than the previous, the boys lawyer was able to work out a deal with the new prosecutor to reduce a 3rd degree felony to a 4th degree misdemeanor.

Long story short...We went to court today and the Magistrate accepted the deal and he was released at 11:30am with no probation or anything, he simply has to go to counseling! This is such an answer to prayer! This boy just left my office and God used his time in the DH to draw him closer! It was so cool to see his genuine hunger to turn his life around and live for God!

So for those that read that post and have been praying for my student...THANKS! God truly answered our prayers and the justice system worked, not punishing a young man for something that the detectives tried to manipulate into something worse!!

2 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

PRAISE GOD!

That's great news Tim! I'm thanking God for that blessing and I'm praying that this young man will fully realize the potential and promise he has in Christ! Thanks for being there for him!

Joshua's Blog said...

Tim, It's been a long time since Axiom was YouthKry. I used to go in HS years ago, it's great to see God is using FMC is great ways still!

I know the Axiom website has been redesigned several times, now, and really has under gone many changes.. I would like to offer to redo it for Free. I currently run MyPraize.com, the largest Christian online social network with just under 100,000 users.

I am a web developer for a living, and was always blessed by my years at YouthKry and it's the least I can do in return. I used to work for my self until I moved out near Cleveland but I am moving back to the Norwalk area, and trying to reconnect with churches and students again. It would be great to discuss your needs in a website for Axiom and get you guys something functional yet youthful that the kids will like.

Thanks,
Joshua Holmes
(HolmesSPH@Juno.com)