Saturday, February 17, 2007

Attitude is Everything

Today I woke up early (7:30am) which totally stunk. I was anticipating an incredible morning of getting to sleep in, but for some reason I just woke up...wide awake! So I got up and decided to do some reading. I was reading "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day," this book has really been challenging to me, it has really challenged me to ask some questions to myself.

This morning I was challenged with this statement: "the most important choice that you make everyday is your attitude." So many times we allow ourselves to get discouraged by the small things of life. Not saying that they are insignificant, but when we step back and look at them through the scope of our lives or eternity for that matter, they are really insignificant.

The book talked about two different types of people: complainers and worshippers. Complainers find things to complain about and worshippers find things to praise God about. I have a choice. Am I going to be a complainer or am I going to be a worshipper? Am I going to spend more time complaining about things that I can't change or worshipping the God who never changes!

No comments: