Monday, February 19, 2007

Priorities

Had to go into the office for a little while today to take care of some Fine Arts stuff, even though it was my day off. As I was sitting at my desk Meg called and told me how she was bumbed! Some friends forgot to call when they were going sledding and she was really looking forward to it. Needless to say she was really disappointed!

So as I was talking to Meg I had a priority check. I could either continue working or I could go home and take my daughter out in the backyard and play in the snow...I went home!

I took Kyrsten out in the backyard and for over an hour we played in the snow! She made a couple snow angels, we made a retarded looking snowman, and we even dug a tunnel through a big snow drift on the back patio! It was really cool! And to see the look on her face as she played was so worth it!

I want my kids to know that ministry is important...but NOT more important than them! I pray that I always keep my priorities in check... God -#1; Family - #2; and Ministry - #3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Tim---I think I'm going to have to mark your blog as a favorite. Everytime I stumble across it I'm encouraged. : ) Tell the family hello for me. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

By the way---I'm going to Vienna, Austria/Kiev, Ukraine for a 13 day trip with my Mom & Aunt Kathy *(who has done a lot of missions work)......for more info check out my blog...