Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Catch UP!

CRAZY! CRAZY! CRAZY!  The past week has been very eventful...I will try and recap as briefly as possible!
  • This past Wednesday I began my first "Lent" fast.  I have decided to give up TV for lent, and I got to admit...it is HARD!  Right now I am in my bedroom reading and surfing the web as Meg is out in the living room watching TV.  I know fasting is supposed to be hard and it has taken a week just to get into some kind of routine in the evenings, and slowly but surely I am getting in one...but I did almost blow it last Thursday, I am such a creature of habit I came in the house sat down in my recliner and grabbed the remote.  Meg kind of screamed, "you can't do that!" I looked at the remote and looked at her and "oh yeah!  Habits can be hard to break!
  • Friday I shot a video with my Pastor and Judge Binette and then went to Dave & Busters with several couples from the church to celebrate a couple of birthdays!  It was really fun, I really enjoy going out with other married couples with kids...it is such a cool time to develop friendships!
  • Saturday...this was an AWESOME day!  We dropped Kyrsten off at the middle school at 9AM and until 1PM she learned a few cheers and a small dance routine as part of the "Perkins Future Cheerleaders" event,  at 1PM we saw them perform.  I am such a dork of a dad...I took both the churches Sony HD cameras and recorded her (with my father-in-laws help) one wide angle and a close up on Kyrsten.  Plan on making a DVD for my parents back in MO.  Then that night she performed at the halftime of the boys JV game...she was so cute with her little pom poms!  Then we celebrated at Chili's after that with papa and nana!
  • Sunday was church and nasty cold weather!
  • Monday...kind of vegged on my day off...we did have Parent/Teacher conferences for Kyrsten...she is doing well with only a couple of things that she needs to improve on.
  • Today - Had staff this morning; we are planning a small ministry fair at the church on March 9th...I have to make promo videos for youth and video ministry and flyers for them as well as angelfood.  Then we had the idea to spoof an eharmony commercial to promo the ministry fair, so I have a lot of video stuff to put together over the next couple of weeks
  • Oh I almost forgot...Fine Arts!  Coming down to the wire...it just over a week away and we don't have the schedule, but I know everything is going to be okay...just means that I will have plenty of things to do for the next month or so...
As you can tell my life is jammed packed right now...but to me honest I am really enjoying!  I told my pastor last week...for the first time in ministry I am truly getting to do the three things I love most...1)youth 2)missions 3)video.  My biggest challenge is finding the balance to do them all with excellence and not let one slip...but I am working in recruiting people to help so I think it will all be good!  

Please understand if my post are sporadic over the next few weeks, but I will try and do my best to check in and share what is going on and what God is doing in my life via my fast!

1 comment:

Andy Warren said...

Was there TV on at Dave & Busters...