Sunday, February 17, 2008

Repentance and Confession!


I must confess to the 5 or so people that read this blog that I have failed!  I failed in such a way today that I am not sure is to forgivable!  I gave in to an incredible temptation...I broke my fast of not watching TV for about 6 hours this afternoon...I watched the 50th running of the Daytona 500.

I will admit that I thought about and a lot went into my decision (which I won't share now because it would be perceived as making excuses and that would an accurate assumption).  I also spoke with a particular youth pastor friend of mine (who will remain nameless) who told me he fasted OSU games for the entire season...except the OSU v Michigan and Bowl games...so I am not the only one to give into such tempation.  

So I gave in, I watched...I really enjoyed it, because by Tony Stewart finished 3rd and could have won!  Anyway...at 7:30pm when the coverage ended I turned of the TV and will resume my fast!  The cool thing, I don't feel condemned or convicted!  I know that God knows my heart and even though I stumbled and messed up, he allows me to get back up dust myself off and continue!  A valuable thing to remember in life...wether you are fasting or not!

I have a crazy week this week and my beautiful wife is sick today with the flu...she puked from 12:30am till 9:30am...so I am trying to keep my girls and me from catching what she has...please pray...the last thing I need to to this week is get sick!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It doesn't sound like you "stumbled" - it was to premeditated to be considered a "stumble".

great job ending the post trying to get us focused on your sick wife and not on your calculated disobedience.

I do appreciate your honesty...

Tim said...

MAN!...I can't get anything past you can I! You are a great friend and I appreciate your gentle nudges or blatant pushes of encouragement!!

It was good to hear from you on Saturday, I really appreciated the phone call...I can't wait till Firestorm so we can connect!

shawn said...

hey tim good news for you i was told this by a catholic that you are alolowed to do/eat what you give up on sundays because that is even Gods resting day. and if you dont believe me there are 40 days (41 this year because of leap year) and if you count every day but sunday from ash wednesday to easter sunday there are 40 days