Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's My Last Name!

Today was the most incredible Valentine's Day I could have ask for...we found out this morning that Meg is expecting a little BOY!  After two girls I honestly went into this ultrasound planning on hearing it was a girl.  The last thing I wanted to do was get my hopes up only to have them crushed by reality, like what happened when we had Kinsey's ultrasound.  

I cannot tell you the joy that I felt when she said, "You are having a boy!"  I know it may seem that I am making a big deal of this...but it is important to me!  My father was an only child and I am an only child, so my grandfather (smelcer) would say, "the name dies with you son!"  Even thought he wasn't intending to put pressure on me...I felt it!  When I heard the news I couldn't help but think about my dad and especially my grandfather and feel like I had fulfilled a wish and a desire for them!

At this point I am simply asking God that he would be born with no complications and totally healthy!  Thats the other thing that has been going through my mind all evening, how gracious God is!  I mean think about it ...God knows already what my son is going to do with his life...what he will be, who he will marry...God has it all planned out...and he has not even entered the world yet!

I serve such an awesome God and I am so thankful for everything he has given me...my wife, my girls and now my son!

3 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Congrats!

God is always good!

We had three boys, then finally, and I mean finally, a girl!

Be blessed!

Unknown said...

congratulations my friend. I am so excited for you.

how is your fitness plan coming?

Andy Warren said...

A boy! You did it! I knew you had it in you...congrats...how's the fast coming...isn't the BIG race today...and can't you watch it on line...opps...don't want to make you stumble