Monday, May 12, 2008

34 acting 24, but not feeling 24!

Over the course of the past 4 days I have played a total of 5 softball games and 18 holes of golf. Friday we played our church league softball opener and won. Then on Saturday, we played in a tournament that got rained out the weekend before. We played at 2PM, 8PM, 11PM and 1AM (Sunday), going 2 for 4.

The weather was kind of crazy, it was mostly sunny all day, but when night came the temperature dropped. We were planning in probably mid to upper 40's...IT WAS COLD! Which then caused you to get stiff between games.

I played okay. My bat came alive in the 8PM, 11PM and 1AM games which was really cool. My defense was average as usual. Made a couple of good stops at 2nd base, but was not always able to finish for the out. I got tagged in the knee with the softball as I slid into 3rd base, didn't hurt alot, but I do have a slightly swollen knee. The worse is my strained/pulled quadricep, hamstring and calf muscles in my right leg. I am walking with a really good limp, which brings me to today.

I played in the ODC golf outing with Josh Martino and Rick Carson. We picked up a guy named Jason Cooper from Miamisburg....All 3 of these guys play INCREDIBLE golf! I was the weakest player, but for limping around like I was I did pretty good! I won closest to the pin in my age division on hole 17 (I was about 4 feet).

Tonight I am going to rub my leg down with "Icy Hot" and wrap my leg and sit around the rest of the evening...I want to get back to walking normal!

1 comment:

Andy Warren said...

you big baby...missed you at odc!