Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We Now Interrupt This Broadcast...

Sometimes I get really aggrevated when I am watching one of my favorite television shows and I hear the words, "we now interrupt this broadcast..." If it is something really big then its cool, but if it is just election results or something like that, then I get so mad!

Well today I got a phone call...we now interrupt this vacation...from my dad. Let me back up about a month, I was talking with my dad and he told me he hadn't been feeling well and then a couple of weeks later he told me he was going to the doctor to see why he had lost like 25 pounds (without trying) on top of some other things that had been happening. The doctor had him do a stress test and as well as another test on an artery.

So my dad calls me this morning to tell me that Thursday he will be going in for a heart cath. where they will put in stent and if it bad enough they may have to do a bypass. My dad, in his usual fashion tried to blow this off has if it was no big deal, and honestly their are hundreds if not thousands performed every day in this country that goes off without a hitch.

I guess with the recent passing of Mike Thomas and the question that my dad have joked around about for along time (is it going to skip a generation?) Allow me to explain...my great grandfather, and his brother as well as my grandfather's brother all passed away at the age of 65 or 66 (I can't remember). Needless to say that when my grandfather was that age he 'knew' he was going to die that year...he lived to be 88. So my dad and I have always joked, "I wonder if it is going to skip a generation?" Kind of a sick joke, but now it comes to close to home...my dad is 65 and will be 66 in October...it really makes your mind go crazy!

I apolgize for this being so long, but I just feel that I have to get all of this out...I have been crying on and off the whole time I am writing this...I know there are several people who read this blog (but just never comment..hahaha) I would really covet your prayers! I am sure that my dad will go through this with no problems and everything will be okay...but it is still hard...it brings losing your parents real close to home...I don't really like it!

Anyway...back to vacation...gotta beat my wife in Mario Kart!!

2 comments:

Andy Warren said...

praying for you and your father...thanks for being so real

Matt Valantine said...

we are praying for you guys... keep us updated!!
--amanda